Friday, July 11, 2014

Franco Fridays: Chateau de Sarceaux, part 2

It's been a little while since I wrote about our arrival at Chateau de Sarceaux.  Our one-night stay there was so lovely; I definitely wish we could have stayed longer.  It was such a peaceful place and felt so hidden from the rest of the world.

I think I've already mentioned the Marquess' great kindness and hospitality toward us.  We arrived on a night when other guests had just left, so we had the house to ourselves, and she gave me permission to wander around and take pictures.  It is the perfect French house with much "scope for the imagination" as Anne would say.

I thought those floors were so gorgeous.



I really enjoyed wandering around before breakfast.


I don't think I've ever had breakfast in a more picturesque spot.  It was a delicious French breakfast with several kinds of bread.

The Marquess and myself


Our bed for the night

It was just lovely all around.

No comments:

Post a Comment