Thursday, December 12, 2013

"Love came down at Christmas."

My last post about busy and full days was certainly apropos.  I have been checking things off my to-do list since Friday, running lots of errands and working hard at home.  I actually slept 8 1/2 hours last night.  I think that happens twice a year, so it was quite the event.  I was so tired.  

Lack of good sleep for over a week had me at my breaking point last night, and I lost my temper.  I sat down and cried afterwards, looking at the cheerful Christmas lights that seemed in such juxtaposition to the sin in my heart that came out in that moment.  

But that's what Christmas is all about--Light breaking into the darkness, Love coming to rescue us from the bondage of sin.

"...let me hear good tidings of great joy,
and hearing, believe, rejoice, praise, adore,
my conscience bathed in an ocean of repose,
my eyes uplifted to a reconciled Father;
place me with ox, ass, camel, goat,
to look with them upon my Redeemer's face,
and in him account myself delivered from sin;
let me with Simeon clasp the new-born child
to my heart,
embrace him with undying faith,
exulting that he is mine and I am his.
In him thou hast given me so much
that heaven can give no more."

- Valley of Vision -


No comments:

Post a Comment