Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Easter Pics

I'm sure everyone is over-loaded on family Easter pictures, but I have a few devoted fans (in my own family) who like to look at pictures of my kids, so I'm sharing the result of our family photo-session last Thursday.  Let me just say that taking pictures early was one of my better ideas.  Sunday was so busy with church and family and traveling that there was no time, and the kids were tired from all the running around.  Plus, it rained all day at our house on Easter Sunday.  Without further ado...

Ella was a very cooperative model this year.  She loved her new shoes, and she also loves wearing her hair in a "fancy side ponytail," as we call the pony-tail on the side flipped through a la topsy tail.

If you look closely, you can see a tear on James' cheek.  He fell backwards off the stool in the earlier picture, and this was the first smile we got after he got over being sad about his tumble.

All in all, I was really happy with the pictures we got.  We're all hugging the fence because it's the only shaded spot in our yard at the time of day we had to take pictures, and I'm kind of awkwardly holding one leg up because the first round of pics with me standing straight-legged looked even more awkward, but hey, I'm used to standing behind the camera.  This was probably the most fun Ella's had taking pictures, and James will smile when we set the self-timer on the camera because he gets the biggest thrill out of running to see how the pictures turned out.   

6 comments:

  1. love your color scheme, as usual.

    love all of your faces, as usual.

    the side ponytail, the hats, the tear, the leg prop, my brother - all precious and wonderful!

    And YOU - you are beautiful. The individual shot of you is perfect!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for loving us so well, Aunt Katie. :)

      Delete
  2. I agree with everything Katie said! And you have have a devoted reader in me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Liza! Your compliments and devotion mean a lot. :)

      Delete
  3. love all the pics and easter with you and family was great ,,,,love you,,,

    ReplyDelete