Wednesday, February 13, 2013

For all our loved ones, far and near

 
Truly, we love you people so much.  "Coincidentally," James' memory verse for Cubbies this week is, "God is love."  It's really cute to hear him say it.  I'm reminded of what follows several verses later, "We love because he first loved us."  And we really do.  I'm so thankful for how God changes our hearts to love others and to little by little love them more than ourselves.  I have so many opportunities to learn this while mothering my little ones day after day.

Speaking of which, James' most frequent phrase to me lately is, "Mama, I like you."  And I'm so thankful (even more perhaps) for all the friendships with people I don't just love but people I genuinely like.  Friendship is such a gift, and in this season of my life, it is valued more than ever before since I don't have the free time to spend with friends that I once did.

Friendship is born at that moment when one
person says to another,
"What!  You too?  I thought I was the only one.
- C.S. Lewis -

2 comments:

  1. CS Lewis...I totally agree. and that is why Lynn Pugh and i are freinds!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I believe it was Anne of Green Gables and Charles Billingsly's rendition of "His Eye is on the Sparrow" that brought us together. :)

      Delete