Friday, August 24, 2012

Friday's Flashback: Over the Rainbow

We prolonged our stay in Hay-on-Wye Tuesday morning as long as possible, but by lunchtime knew we needed to be on the road.  We picked up a sandwich and a pasta salad from a little shop to take with us (deli food became our staple from this point on), and started down the little road that led out of town.  As we crossed the bridge over the River Wye, I yelled out, "Stop, KJ, stop!!"  (Kind of like at the end of Miracle on 34th Street, you know?)  He stopped, heart pounding from my scream, and obligingly parked the car.  I ran through the frigid air because look what was over the River Wye!  Our own personal farewell.

 It was so lovely, wasn't it?  
It hadn't rained where we were...maybe a drizzle...
I don't remember.  Maybe it's always on the verge of drizzling 
in the UK...

I took pictures until the rainbow faded, and my hands felt like they would freeze off, and then we had to say good-bye to Wales.  We were thankful for the beautiful send-off.

No comments:

Post a Comment