Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Journey of Us

The First Hour

 1 year of seminary down,
I'm about to quit my job,
headed to the beach.

Leaving our first apartment,
pregnant,
working part-time for me,
KJ working at the softball field.

Daddy and Mommy to an 8-month-old happy girl,
Interim Pastor.

Seminary Graduate,
move back to Alabama,
a new life.

Pregnant
(Somehow that's all I can remember when I think about 2009. 
I was very pregnant.)

 Date Night compliments of Hillary,
tired, nursing, apparently watching LOST.

Year of Jubilee,
happy, content,
settled in as parents of two, 
going to England, baby!!

And tonight?
We'll be celebrating her.

Me + Him = One Fantastic Girl

"Your reading skills?  My memory?  Ella got the best of both of us."
- KJ

6 comments:

  1. I would say she did :)

    What a special girl.

    Love to all of you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love to you, too, Molly. Thanks for loving our girl.

      Delete
  2. I love, love, love this. So good to see glimpses of the past years of grace. We love you guys, we're so thankful for you both, and we're celebrating these 8 years with you. And we're SO PROUD of your excellent reader with an amazing memory. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have indeed been years full of grace. I'm so thankful for the grace given to Ella, too. I'm so proud of her.

      Delete
  3. Happy Anniversary sweet friends!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, dearest! Please let us know when MJ starts to make her entrance. (Am I allowed to call her MJ?)

      Delete