Friday, March 9, 2012

Friday's Flashback: Saying Good-bye

We spent such a lovely morning at Jane Austen's house, several hours enjoying and taking pictures, but around lunch time we decided it was time to make our adieus.


We had definitely been lost in Austen all morning.

Thankfully, we really didn't have to leave Austen country.
Our next stop was Steventon and the church Jane grew up attending.

We walked out through the gift shop and made our final purchases.  Of course I could have taken it all home with me, but we decided on a Jane Austen paper doll set for Ella, a book of piano music for me, and a bag for my mom.  Farewell, dear house.

Sweet time

Good-bye, sweet tea rooms.
I just noticed they had Jersey ice cream.  Straight from a Jersey cow?
I wish I had gotten some.

We walked back to the car park beside the playground, where the smell of freshly-mown grass and the sound of children playing in the distance made us set off through the field.  At the end of a lane we saw a big group of school-children playing rugby at recess.  I really, really, really wanted to sit down and stay there forever.

These are my feet, not wanting to leave.

This was the first day of our spending time in the countryside, and I discovered that the grass that grows on the other side of the pond is far superior to any other grass I've ever seen.  Maybe it's the sheep, or all that rain?

No comments:

Post a Comment