Tuesday, September 6, 2011

It's her (last) party.

Yesterday was Ella's last birthday party of her "birthday party weekend."  She started it out playing with new toys.  Thanks to the generosity of friends and family, my girl came away with $85 in birthday money.  As she told Debbo yesterday, "I'm kinda rich."  

I took her with me to Wal-Mart Sunday afternoon, and she purchased a fairy doll named Silver Mist, and at my insistence, a new Toy Story game for her V-Smile gaming system.  She was hesitant, but I knew she would love it.  (Plus, it's normally $20, and it was marked down to $5; moms can't resist that kind of thing.)  She loved playing the game, and then she topped off the morning with a little bowl-licking.



We had such a fun day with my family; I'm glad they braved the torrential rain to come to Ella's party.  It's always nice when everyone gets to be here.


As a side note, it was very surprising how well the picture of the whole family turned out. James hates being still, and when Dad was taking pictures of all the kids, he was carrying on, and I was having to hold him down.  But all of a sudden, when I put the camera on the tripod, he stopped eating his cookie, ran front and center, and said, "Chiss!!"  Then he stood there smiling the whole time we waited for the picture to take.  It was so funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment