Sunday, September 4, 2011

Ella turns 5

Ella's birthday celebration began Thursday night with a surprise party with KJ's parents and the Kizziah family.  We were happy to be able to celebrate with them before they headed home the next day.



As they sat coloring, Ella made her first "when I grow up" statement.
After her Uncle David complimented her coloring, Ella said,
"Since I'm so good at coloring, I can be an artist when I grow up."

Her morning started out pretty well yesterday, but once we hit the point where we were rushing around to get her out the door, she started getting upset.  Everything wasn't right in her world.


As she and KJ pulled away, Ella began to cry, and it broke my heart.  "School isn't worth this!" I thought.  I went inside feeling disappointed that the happy morning I'd imagined hadn't happened.  I was praying for her when my cell phone rang.

"I called an audible," KJ said.

"What?  You called who?"

"It's a football term.  We're coming home.  She can open presents and play and then go to school."

I still don't know what an audible is (a change of plans/play?), but I'm so glad KJ called it.

It's much better to have a relaxing morning watching
a movie on your birthday.  

She was much happier leaving for school the second time around.

After school several friends from class joined her at the McDonald's Play Place.  I think everyone had a great time.  We were all pooped by the time we got home.



1 comment:

  1. So thankful to get to be a part of the surprise party Thursday night, so thankful for the audible, and so thankful for the smiles on round 2, as well as the thumbs up at the party! Happy Birthday, Ella girl :) We love and miss you all!!

    ReplyDelete