Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Ella's Party

We celebrated Ella's 4th birthday last night with her "family," who received hand-written invitations from her.  She was so excited getting ready yesterday, asking what she could do to help.  She insisted on setting the table before everyone got here and making seat assignments.  I think having her party after her actual birth day was a little confusing for her.  She asked me if she was turning 5.  She is very literal and didn't want me to call her the "birthday girl" anymore because it wasn't her birthday, so I had to use the phrase, "birthday party girl."  She's fun.  Right now she is sitting on the couch playing with her new V-Tech laptop she received from Debbo and B.P.  Other fun gifts included Spy Gear Walkie-Talkies from Uncle Jesse and Aunt Sandy, an apron from Aunt Katie (which she was super-excited about wearing when she helps me cook), beads to make bracelets and necklaces with (we've already made one of each), a new doll, puzzles, new dresses (one of which she is now wearing) and other games.  


With her newest aunt, Sandy

Cousin Claire
It was fun having two happy babies crawling around.
James and Claire are at that fun stage where they get excited when everyone else does.




I'm really glad Debbo thought to wash the crown and wand off.
Ella looked so lovely with them.

I love that smile of pure delight.

James and Claire really enjoyed pushing the buttons on the Toy Story game.

James guzzling B.P.'s tea
(Incidentally, Ella told me last night that "this tea is perfect.")


Wii Games


"My walkie-talkies are so cool, Mom."
- Ella Pugh -


2 comments:

  1. What great pictures. She was the most precious birthday party girl!!I really love the picture of James on tip toe to get that ice cold PERFECT sweet tea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a wonderful evening, precious Lynn! I'm so glad that we could share in it. And your "birthday party girl" was wonderful and precious too, as always. I'm glad that she's getting to enjoy all of her gifts.

    I LOVE LOVE of the pictures! Thank you for sharing these. I particularly love the one of Claire smiling at Uncle K.J. I didn't see that occurrence, and I'm so glad that you had it documented. That really makes me smile :) Oh, and John David really had a blast!! I'm so glad he and Ella are such good friends.

    ReplyDelete